- What will our engagement session be like?
- What should I wear?
- How do I get started?
- How do I pay?
- My friend takes really good pictures. Why shouldn't I just hire her?
Engagement sessions are my favorite!
Really, they are so much fun! I'll give you all the tips you need, and you will get to practice all of my tricks for getting really natural images for the big day! The wedding day is always so hektic that it is soooo nice to have the engagement session to relax, practice, and just get some fun and relaxed images of the two of you. All you have to worry about is showing up ready to go. I'll take it from there!
All types of couples are welcome. Love is love!
One of the biggest stresses about getting your picture taken can be in what to wear. We want you to look like your loving, fun, effortlessly stylish and interesting, but not trying too hard self. Should you match or not match, dark colors or light colors? Stripes or no stripes? Here is a quick guide to help you make the easiest and best decisions for your session. If you book with me, I'll send you a much more detailed style guide to help you prepare!
- Choose color groups. The days of everyone wearing the same color are over! Instead, create a consistent mood with your color choices.
- Highlight your best features. You want clothing that is fitted so that it defines your waist and highlights your shape. Baggy clothes give the illusion that you’re bigger than you are.
- Avoid logos. Try to avoid wearing clothing with big logos on them as it can be a distraction from the real focus of the image - YOU!
- You do YOU! The most important rule of all is to wear something that makes you feel comfortable and good! If you feel good, it will always result in better photos!
I'm so glad you asked! All you have to do is send me a message through my contact page, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org From there, we'll discuss your photography over coffee, wine, or the internet. Once we have a date picked out, we'll get you booked!
I accept cash, check, Paypal bank transfer, and all major credit cards!
I also offer payment plans for anyone that needs them.
You can. Really. If you are on on a very strict budget and photography is not a priority for you then I think hiring an enthusiastic and talented amateur photographer is just fine.
But if you want a photographer who can pose you in a flattering way, and choose the best setting for your photos so you get beautiful, dreamy light, then you need to hire a professional.
If you want your photos to be reliably in focus, you need to hire a professional.
If you want your skin to look good, and especially if you're a couple that has very different skin tones, you need to hire a professional.
If you don't want your photos to be batch edited with a trendy filter, only to go out of style in a year, hire a professional.
If you want a photographer who can wrangle your wedding party, then you need to hire a professional.
If you are having an indoor ceremony or reception, or need any low-light or indoor photography then you need to hire a professional.
If you want to make sure your photos don't get erased by accident, you need to hire a professional.
So I'm sure your friend takes good photos. But let her enjoy your wedding. She won't be able to be present in the moment if she's worrying about capturing every special moment from your day.